What information do you collect from this website?
The information that we collect from this website is known as your ‘personal data’. This includes your name, address, email address and telephone.
Please also be aware that when you visit this website, cookies will be used to collect information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which connects your computer or mobile device to the internet. We also collect information about your visit such as the pages that you viewed or searched for, page response times etc. We do this so that we can measure our website’s performance and make improvements.
Personal Data You Provide
Your privacy is important to us. By providing personal information such as your name and e-mail address via the forms on this website, you agree to us contacting you with regard to the information provided.
Some forms on our website also include a check box asking you for permission to add you to our mailing list. This is an opt-in mailing list and your personal information will be used solely by us (and all such emails include a link for opt-out).
When you use a form to make an enquiry to our firm, a member of our team will receive the enquiry. This information will then be sent to a Solicitor to respond to the enquiry.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the data you provide via this website to:
- communicate with you, for example: we use contact details such as email address or phone number when responding to enquiries made via online forms
- monitor website trends, for example: we use Google Analytics to help us aggregate traffic so we can monitor how the website is being used
- operate our business more effectively, for example: we seek feedback and use this to help improve our service
Our "Lawful Reasons" For Processing Your Personal Data
The "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR) is the primary piece of legislation defining your rights over our processing of your personal information. The GDPR requires us to declare which of six "lawful reasons" we are relying on when we are processing your personal data: we operate on the basis of "consent" when sending newsletters (you won't get sent a newsletter unless you have explicitly opted in to receive one) and we operate on the basis of "legitimate interest" when communicating with you in other ways (e.g. when responding to your enquiry).
How Long We Keep Personal Data
Personal data may be stored by the website for a period of up to 90 days after which time it is removed automatically.
Transfer of Personal Data
From time to time we may pass personal data such as your name and email address to other services that we use to send out newsletters and other communications (both electronic and print). However, your personal data will remain in the EU or countries considered by the EU to have equivalent policies such as Jersey, Guernsey, Switzerland, New Zealand and Canada. Companies based in the USA that have certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield programme are also considered to be permitted destinations by the EU (this includes popular US products like Gmail, DropBox and MailChimp).
We do not disclose any of your personal information gained from our website to third parties. We might provide information of a general nature relating to Google Analytics, but this will not include any information of a personal nature.
Under the terms of GDPR, you have the following rights as a result of using this website:
- You have a right to be informed and this Privacy Notice tells you about the ways in which we use your information and personal data.
- You have the right to request any personal data that we hold about you. Except for exceptional circumstances, you can obtain this information at no cost. We will send you a copy of the information within 30 days of your request.
- To make such a request, please write to our Data Protection Officer at Family Law Group, 23 Warsar Gate, Nottingham, NG1 1NU.
- You have the right to have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the information that we hold about you, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can request for the personal data that we hold about you is deleted.
- Object to certain types of processing for marketing purposes.
Questions or Complaints
If you have any comments or questions regarding the use of your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to our Data Protection Officer at: Family Law Group, 23 Warsar Gate, Nottingham, NG1 1NU.
Our Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to monitor how our website is being used so we can make improvements. Our use of Google Analytics requires us to pass to Google your IP address (but no other information) - Google uses this information to prepare site usage reports for us, but Google may also share this information with other Google services. In particular, Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Related information: