A Great Day of Rowing and Fundraising
- AuthorCatherine Wheatcroft
Family Law Group enjoyed a great day of rowing at the Nene Valley Dragon Boat Race on 31st August 2014 and have so far raised in excess of £260 for Cransley Hospice and Lakelands Care Hospice.
Our team, The SolicitOars, made huge improvements in our rowing style and effort throughout our three races. We managed to shave off nearly 20 seconds from our original time and stayed mostly dry!
We all had a great time and it would not have been possible without everyone’s help and rowing efforts. Extra thanks must go to:
- Ian (Michelle’s husband) for the fantastic BBQ, which kept us going all day
- Michelle and Rachael for being our willing drummers
- Dan and Kerrie-Ann for supporting us on the day from Milton Keynes (Dan stepped in to help us row too)
- Everyone who kindly sponsored us and helped raise funds for Cransley Hospice and Lakelands Care Hospice
This is a fantastic event and well worth doing for a great day out and something different…all in aid of charity. Watch out for us at next year’s event, where we will be smashing our team times even further!
If you would like to know more about our fundraising activities or require more information on family law matters, contact us on 0115 945 4555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org