News and Events
Kerry Avis

Kerry Avis Solicitor Profile

  • Posted

We sat down with Kerry Avis from our Peterborough office to ask about her days, how she started her career, and what advice she can impart for individuals looking to start in law.

My viability assessment is negative, what can I do?

  • Posted

When the Local Authority initiate court proceedings in respect of a child, the parents of that child have the opportunity to put forward people they want to be assessed as alternative carers.

Can I change my child's name?

  • Posted

When a child is born, their name is then registered on their birth certificate. It is common for a child to be given the same surname as the father, both for married and unmarried couples. If parents then separate or divorce, it is usual for the child to keep their surname, however, people often ask the question, can I change my child’s surname?