Legal Clerk - Nottingham
Family Law Group is a leading firm of family law solicitors specialising in all areas of family law including divorce & separation, child arrangements, care proceedings, matrimonial finance & property, mediation, collaborative law, forced marriage and domestic abuse injunctions. We have 10 offices and 130+ staff at present, with further plans for expansion over the coming year. The firm is dynamic and forward thinking with a friendly and positive culture and all our staff are passionate about family law.
We have a full-time temp opportunity for an experienced Legal Clerk to work for our solicitors in our Nottingham office. This role has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
This role is office based and the successful candidate must be able to work from our Nottingham office. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic national law firm.
It is an exciting time to join the team as FLG are in the process of moving to spacious brand new office premises in the lace market area of Nottingham.
About the role:
Working for our solicitors, the successful candidate will ideally have previous experience of working as a Legal Clerk or similar within a legal or professional services firm. You will join a small but growing team and the successful candidate must have the required experience and attention to detail to be effective straight away and hit the ground running.
We are looking for the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 2 years Legal Clerk or similar experience within legal or professional services
- Experience of working within the area of children, public law divorce and financial proceedings would be advantageous although not essential.
- Exceptionally well organised with excellent grammar
- Excellent customer service skills, organisational skills, and the ability to juggle changing work demands and tasks
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines
- Must be able to touch type
- Calm and approachable manner
- Professional and confidential
- IT literate in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to deal with clients and professional contacts on a face to face basis and provide exceptional customer service
- Experience using a legal case management system would be advantageous
- Diary management
- Chasing late filing of evidence
- Instructing Counsel
- Instructing experts
- Dealing with invoices
- Summarising Disclosure
- Assisting with emails
- Dealing with urgent Hearings listed at short notice
Within the role you will be expected to proactively support the solicitors in their legal work, and this may include supporting other staff within the firm when necessary. This role is varied and will involve assisting in the office, filing and management of legal case documents, diary management including telephone calls to professional agencies and partners. Your attention to detail combined with grammar and punctuation skills will be exceptional.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary which is negotiable dependent upon experience
- Benefits package including contributory pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (rising by 1 day every year)
- Employee loyalty scheme
- Fully paid legal memberships and subscriptions
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Great company culture
To apply for this role, please use the link below;